The aim is to allow citizens and companies to make electronic payments (fines, bills, taxes, etc.) to government and public service providers, selecting the service provider, tools and payment technology channel.
PagoPA will bring about a change in public administration procedures, superseding traditional methods and allowing the PA to tailor payment services to the requirements of the European Directives and Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA).
Article 5 of Legislative Decree No.82 of 7/3/2005 states that citizens and businesses must be able to make payments (fines, bills, taxes, etc.) in electronic form in favour of public administrations and public service providers.
The pagoPA system enables such payments, allowing a free choice of:
- the payment service provider (e.g. bank, payment institution, electronic money);
- the payment instruments (e.g. dc charge, credit card, e-mail);
- • the preferred payment technology channel for the transaction (e.g. on-line banking, ATM, mobile, etc.).
At the macro level, the main activities are:
- the promotion of the subscription of all PAs, including health companies, to the “pagoPA” system;
- monitoring and technical assistance to the PAs;
- the organization and implementation of training and dissemination activities.
The FUB collaborates closely with AgID for all the activities concerning the design and implementation of the service and its related portal:
- subscription procedures: definition and activation of a procedure for handling requests for membership, both during the acquisition of applications and during the commissioning of the portal;
- activation procedures: defining the processes and providing solutions to related issues, contributing both to the decision-making aspects when searching for the most suitable solution to a specific topic, and the more operative aspects, regarding the use of the technical and verification procedures;
- technological support on the aspects of system support software processes and functional analysis for the definition of portal features.