Allow citizens and companies to make payments (fines, bills, taxes, etc.) electronically, in favour of government and public service providers, by choosing the service provider, the tools and the payment technology channel.
PagoPA will bring about a change in public administration procedures, contributing to the decrease of traditional methods, allowing PA to tailor payment services to the requirements of the European Directives and Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) .
Article 5 of Legislative Decree No.82 of 7/3/2005 states that citizens and businesses must be able to make payments (fines, bills, taxes, etc.) in electronic form in favor of the administrations and public service providers.
The pagoPA system enables such payments allowing to choose freely:
- the payment service provider (e.g. bank, payment institution, electronic money);
- the payment instruments (e.g. dc charge, credit card, e-mail);
- the favourite payment technology channel for the operation (e.g. on-line banking, ATM, mobile, etc.).
At the macro level, the main activities are:
- promotion of the subscription of all PAs, including health companies, to the “pagoPA” system;
- monitoring and technical assistance to the PAs;
- the organization and implementation of training and dissemination activities.
FUB collaborates closely with AgID for all the activities underlying the design and implementation of the service and its related portal:
- subscription procedures: definition and activation of a procedure for handling requests for membership, both during the acquisition of applications and during the commissioning of the portal.
- activation procedures: defining the process with the solution of the related issues, contributing both to the decision-making aspects related to the search for the most suitable solution to the specific topic and to the most operative aspects related to the use of the technical and verification procedures;
- Technology support with both aspects related to system support software processes and functional analysis for the definition of portal features.