In the specific context of the patent and trade mark activities inherent in the Convention of reference, the Foundation provides support to the Dgtpi-Uibm, through a dedicated and highly specialised team, for the implementation of the activities included in the same Convention and listed below:
- Support for the examination of patent applications (checks prior to submission to the EPO for prior art search; checks after submission to the EPO for prior art search);
- Support for examination of applications for registration of trade marks and opposition to registration of trade marks;
- Enhancement of the Contact Centre and support for the information service dedicated to interested users, in particular SMEs;
- Support in the legal-administrative field related and functional to the previous activities A), B) and C);
- Specialised support related and functional to the activities referred to in the preceding paragraphs, including evolutionary maintenance of systems developed in previous years, aimed at combating counterfeiting;
- Coordination and management control of activities related to the implementation of the Convention.